This post is also available in: Spanish
Hey there! I am Ana, a Spanish teacher and the creator of this website.
My job is to develop and offer useful, practical and entertaining activities so that you can make progress in your Spanish whatever your interests and needs.
I’m here to help you get the most out of this platform and achieve the results you want.
Did you know…?
- While studying at school we had English and French classes. I must say that at that time I was not interested in languages at all. Perhaps because of the teaching approach used where all the emphasis was made on learning the grammar and not much time was spent developing oral and listening comprehension skills. In addition, teachers were not native. Of course learning the grammar is essential but not the only factor you need to pay attention to if you want to be able to communicate in the language you are learning.
- It was at university when my interest grew and I decided to sign up for English classes. On my own I also looked for audio materials, I started watching original version films and I finally decided to look fora native English teacher before making the leap to my first immersion experience in Ireland.
- From my experience I can tell you that being consistent and looking all what you learn over regularly are key to achieving results. Also make sure you have at least one well defined motivation that will encourage you to continue and not give up at those moments when everything seems so difficult! And of course, listen and speak Spanish as much as you can.
My story in short
I studied to become a school teacher and educational phychologist at the University of La Coruña in my homeland. When I finished my studies in 2009 I decided to move to Ireland. I lived there for a year in which I could improve my English, travel within and outside the country and meet different and interesting people from various corners of the globe.
This experience did nothing but awake my adventurous spirit. Later on other journeys to other parts of the world would follow, mainly in Europe and also spending longer stays in fascinating destinations such as Australia or the Greek islands and more recently Africa.
That way my passion for languages increased and also my interest to learn about different cultures, its customs and peculiarities.
In 2010 I started teaching Spanish in Dublin and for the last years I have continued offering private lessons to individuals and small groups in London, where I resided until summer 2015. Since October of this same year I live in the magical island of Lanzarote.
My Spanish classes are aimed at adults, primary and secondary school students, university students, at those who want help to prepare for an official examination such as DELE, GCSE, IGCSE, A Level and of course at anyone who wants to learn the language just for fun or for traveling.
Over the last few years there has also been space for reflection, to continue my endless search for a professional project that apart from stimulating my creativity and allowing me to help others, would give me the chance to lead the lifestyle I want in line with my personality, values and life philosophy.
To get to know me a bit more 😉
- I was born and raised in Galicia, a region in northwestern Spain, where not only you can find top quality food, especially seafood, but also one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. However not everything could be so wonderful… Unfortunately it rains a lot!
- When I moved to Dublin after finishing university, I was working as an Au pair living with an Irish family. I wanted to immerse myself in the culture and force myself to use the language at every moment. Despite being a big challenge, especially in the beginning when my English was not so good and needed to sleep ten hours to recover from mental effort, it was very rewarding and I learned a lot of English from the four girls I used to look after.
- Three and a half years living in London, multicultural city par excellence, has given me the opportunity to try the exotic cuisine of different countries. I am now a fan of the various flavors and experiment with new recipes whenever I can.
- Needless to say that I love to travel. I dream of going around the world and it´s probable that in my favorite destinations sea, nature and sun will never be missing.
- I am a very curious person. I like to explore and I love learning a variety of subjects, from historical events to how to decorate your home with feng shui for instance.
- I am also interested in other fields which include psychology, personal growth, alternative pedagogical approaches and development cooperation. In the future, I would like to get more involved or start a project in any of these areas. In fact, any activity which promotes a better, healthier and fairer world.
Do you want to get the most out of Vamos Audioblog?